The all-new 2010 Nissan 370Z Roadster offers everything the new Nissan Z® Coupe does -an unmatched balance of dynamic performance, sculptured styling, innovative technology and exceptional value. And more. As in more classic open-air sports car excitement. More sun, moon and stars. And more refinement than any Z® convertible that has ever come before - including a standard automatic latching power top and Nissan Intelligent Key™, as well as available heating and cooling ventilated net seats, Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System, satellite radio and advanced Nissan Navigation System.
The 2010 370Z Roadster is scheduled to go on sale at Nissan retailers nationwide in late summer 2009.
Based on the current generation 370Z Coupe (introduced in January 2009), the Z® Roadster shares its engine, transmissions, suspension, platform and most major components with the popular and exceptionally well-reviewed Z® Coupe. The list of cutting edge technology includes the standard 332-horsepower 3.7-liter DOHC V6 engine with Variable Valve Event and Lift Control (VVEL), choice of 7-speed automatic transmission or close-ratio 6-speed manual with available SynchroRev Match™ (the world's first synchronized downshift rev matching manual transmission), refined 4-wheel independent suspension, 4-wheel vented disc brakes (with available Nissan Sport Brakes) and lightweight yet rigid body structure.
The Z® Roadster departs from the Z® Coupe with its exclusive high back net seats, added structural body reinforcements and convertible top. The 370Z Roadster's roof was designed with an emphasis on three key areas: to provide a sleek silhouette matching the new Z®'s stunning styling with the top up or down, to offer easy single-action open-close operation, and to provide an enjoyable top-down experience with reduced wind turbulence and all-climate driver/passenger comfort.
And, true to its sports car heritage, the Z® Roadster's interior is completely driver-centric, with its three-layer design grouping items by how a driver sees information, operates the controls and is held in place - so drivers feel completely connected and engaged whenever and wherever they drive, top up or down.
The new 370Z Roadster is offered in two models: 370Z Roadster and 370Z Touring Roadster. Highlights of the 2010 Nissan 370Z Roadster include:
* All-new high rigidity body with a dynamic presence and enhanced aerodynamics * Authentic Z® sports car design and proportions with long hood and canopy cockpit * Improved body rigidity for enhanced handling, NVH (noise/vibration/harshness) and ride comfort * Short wheelbase (100.4 inches) and length (167.2 inches); aggressive stance * Cloth power-folding roof with fabric inner liner * Single action top operation with automatic roof lock, steel tonneau cover * Glass rear window with electric rear window defroster * Fixed glass wind deflector * Top operation available via Nisan Intelligent Key (button on door) or center console-mounted switch * Additional body reinforcements (versus 370Z Coupe), including A-pillars and side sills * Lightweight aluminum hood, doors and trunk lid * High Intensity Discharge (HID) bi-functional xenon headlights and LED brake lights with distinctive "boomerang" design * Signature vertical door handles, dual remote control mirrors * Front fender-mounted "flashing" Z® emblems/sidemarkers * Seven available exterior colors: Solid Red, Magnetic Black, Brilliant Silver, Platinum Graphite, Pearl White, Monterey Blue and Black Cherry (premium color)
Engine and Driveline
* Front engine/rear-wheel drive * Fourth-generation VQ series 3.7-liter engine, 24-valve DOHC V6 (VQ37VHR), rated at 332 horsepower @ 7,000 RPM, 270 lb-ft of torque @ 5,200 RPM * Variable Valve Event and Lift (VVEL) system * Micro-finished crankshaft and camshaft; small pitch, silent cam chain; drive-by-wire throttle * Available electronically controlled 7-speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode, Adaptive Shift Control (ASC), Downshift Rev Matching (DRM) and standard paddle shifters; or 6-speed close-ratio manual transmission with available SynchroRev Match™, the world's first synchronized downshift rev matching manual transmission allowing perfectly matched heel-toe-like downshifting * Dual outlet exhaust * Carbon Fiber composite driveshaft
Suspension, Steering and Braking
* 4-wheel independent multi-link suspension with use of lightweight aluminum components * Double-wishbone front suspension, rear multi-link suspension; 3-point front strut tower brace; high response shock absorbers * Large diameter front and rear hollow stabilizer bars * Vehicle speed-sensitive power rack-and-pinion steering * Available Viscous Limited-Slip Differential (VLSD) * Power-assisted vented front and rear disc brakes, 4-wheel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA) * Available Nissan Sport Brakes with 14.0-inch front/13.8-inch rear rotors and 4-piston front/2-piston rear aluminum calipers * 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels and P225/50R18 front / 245/45R18 rear Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tires * Available 19-inch RAYS lightweight 5-spoke forged-alloy wheels with P245/40R19 front / 275/35R19 rear Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tires
* Enhanced, high quality interior with innovative, driver-centric "three-layer" design with information, operation and holding layers * 2-passenger seating, with unique driver and passenger seat designs and functions * Driver's seat shaped to help hold the body firmly in place without interfering with shifting * Standard black woven "Carbon" cloth seats; 8-way manual driver's seat, 4-way manual passenger's seat * Available exclusive, second generation high-back leather-appointed ventilated net seats with HVAC heating and cooling, 4-way power/4-way manual operation driver's seat/4-way power passenger's seat * Available synthetic suede and leather-appointed door panel inserts * 3-bay gauge pods - similar to the original 240Z design * Tilt steering column with integrated instrument cluster * Adjustable front head restraints * Standard automatic temperature control * Leather-wrapped 3-spoke steering wheel with Z® emblem * Wide center console * Available Bose® audio system with 6-disc CD changer and 8 speakers (standard on Touring model) * Available XM® Satellite Radio (standard on Touring model, XM® subscription required) * Available Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System (standard on Touring model) * Available Nissan Navigation System with XM NavTraffic® real-time traffic information (XM® subscription required, sold separately), 9.3GB Music Box hard drive for digital music storage and playback, and a USB port for iPod® and other music player connectivity * Nissan Navigation System enhancements (versus previous system designs) include four times higher screen resolution, wireless music player audio streaming capability (via Bluetooth®), on-board Zagat restaurant ratings database, in-dash DVD player and XM® NavWeather® weather information display (XM® subscription required, sold separately) * Power windows with auto one-touch up and down feature * Power door locks with auto locking feature * Available aluminum pedals (standard on Touring model) * Available HomeLink® Universal Transceiver (standard on Touring model) * Two 12-volt power outlets, three cupholders (two in door panels, one in center console) * Standard cruise control * Standard Nissan Intelligent Key™ with Push Button Ignition
Safety and Security
* Nissan Advanced Air Bag System (AABS) with dual-stage supplemental front air bags with seat belt and occupant classification sensors * Front seat-mounted side impact supplemental air bags * Door-mounted curtain side-impact supplemental air bags * 3-point front seat belts with pretensioners and load limiters * 3-point ALR/ELR seatbelts (driver's seatbelt ELR only) * Front seat Active Head Restraints * Zone Body Construction * Energy-absorbing steering column * Aluminum side-door guard beams * Standard Vehicle Security System * Nissan Vehicle Immobilizer System * Standard Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) with Traction Control System (TCS) * Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
* 370Z Roadster offered in two models: 370Z and 370Z Touring * Two available packages (370Z Touring only): Sport Package and Navigation